Monday, October 5, 2009

Lately

Well, we have been having fun with the new school schedule. Matthew and Kara enjoy riding the bus, and they really seem to enjoy school.

Lindsay and Seth have been so much fun to have around at home. Seth has been so happy. He will take a nap sometimes, but he doesn't really need them any more, maybe. He has been going through this phase at night where he will cry a lot unless Brian or I will go lie down by him. I don't know if that is because he is overtired because he doesn't take a nap, or if it is just a phase. I am tired of it. I was hoping to get more uninterupted sleep at this point, but oh well. I will try giving him a nap today (for his or my sake?) and see what happens. At least he is happy as happy can be during the day.

We are getting ready for the new baby. We got a new infant car seat. I probably should have bought one for Seth because our previous one was new with Matthew. Boy have the prices increased since we last bought one. Today we will go through the baby clothes and get those ready. I am not quite sure where we are going to put the clothes. We just realized we need another dresser for the baby's stuff. I guess we have another week or two or so. We did get a rocking glider chair for the baby's room. We didn't bring our rocking chairs with us when we moved. I also decided to try the Maya Wrap/Sleepy Wrap/Baby Wrap. Whatever you call it. It seemed like the one people liked the most, and if you make it yourself, it is way the cheapest option. If I don't like it (or maybe as the baby gets older), I think we will try one of the convertible front and back carriers.

Brian is still enjoying his job. He is busy busy with school this semester. He is a great Dad to the kids though. Matthew misses having a best friend, I think. He does have a couple of neighbor kids who come over, but they are girls, and while they play OK, it isn't as much fun as Patrick. I hope he finds someone soon. I think that when they come out with the school directory, we will be able to invite more friends over. Anyway, Brian has been trying to be especially good about playing with Matt. What a good dad.

1 comment:

Sonia Cole said...

Hey you! I'm proud that you've updated your blog. Its great to hear about your family. HOpe all is well. Love ya, Sonia XXOO