Thursday, October 30, 2008

What I've been up to.

So, it's be soo long since my last post. I've been trying to figure out the coupon game, so I have been spending a lot of time on different websites and blogs. I've listed a few on the side because a few of you have asked about what sites that have been recommended to me (thanks Shannon and Linda) and that I have found. Anyway, it has been fun seeing how the Wags anc CVS games work. I am excited about next weeks, Buy 1 Get 1 Sale off Almay, which is the item free after rebate (Walgreens has Free after rebate items every month). I have a $2 coupon for the mascara, then I'll get a free Almay product, then, I'll get reimbursed for the full amount of the mascara. Then, to top that off, if you go to this website, you can get a free moisturizer, and a coupon for $5 off your next Almay purchase. Hopefully it will work out that way. It seems like sometimes, I try to get some of the deals, but they are sold out or something. I'll keep you posted.

The other thing I have been doing is going grocery shopping on double coupon days at our grocery stores. I look at the Pick'N Save add, and the Sentry add. Then, I see which one has better deals, and that is the store I shop at for the week. If there were amazing deals at both stores, I might go to both. I also look on the internet for coupons for the sale items. I do this two ways. I google it (Prego Coupon) and see what comes up. There is also this amazing website, couponloop.com that seems to have a pretty comprehensive list of the coupons on the internet. It has them listed by product name, so it is easy to search for the product and see if there is a coupon. So far, I've saved $15-$35 a week on groceries. Plus, I mostly buy things that are on sale that I have a coupon for. Last week I saved $80 on sale items and coupons. This week, wasn't as great, but I guess it goes that way. Anyway, if you have any questions, let me know.

1 comment:

le35 said...

Sounds like you're having fun with the coupons.


Maybe when I get settled in a bigger town, I'll have to ask you for some of your tricks. :)