Sunday, May 24, 2009

May

The past few weeks we have been packing, cleaning, and packing. I am amazed since we packed up most of the kids' toys (some polly pockets and backugans are out- and some baby toys) how fast it is to clean everything up. I am planning on throwing away (or good-willing) a bunch of the packed up stuff. The kids don't seem to miss them like I thought they would. Anyway...

We are making headway on our house. We still have almost three weeks before the big day, but we are hoping to be ready.

We have also been making a few trips to the Dr's office. Matthew and Seth needed their regular well-child check ups. Kara had her opthamologist visit. They are hoping to reduce the prescription in her glasses again in one more year. She is looking like she will outgrow her far-sightedness.

Lindsay also visited the Dr. She had a really sore throat for a few days, and she slept almost all day last Sunday. She slept Monday morning, and her glands in her neck were really really swollen. Sunday night, she was really snoring and not struggling to breath, but not quietly easily breathing, and her mouth was wide open to help open up her throat. I couldn't really see her throat well, and her glands really were swollen. Her face looked quite chubby because her jaw line was swallowed up in her glands. Anyway, we took her to the Dr. on Monday because she also had a fever of about 101. The Dr. felt her glands and tested her for strep and mono. I didn't even know kids were at risk for mono, but after she said it, I wondered if that was what she might have because Lindsay has been acting a little bit tired for the past couple of weeks (not tired enought to take a nap, but more tired). So, the Dr. came in and asked what I thought the results were, and I was surprised to hear that the poor girl had tested positive for both. I guess it isn't uncommon for kids to get mono and have that weeken their immune system so they are super suceptible for strep. We got antibiotics for the strep, and by Tuesday, she wouldn't even take a nap. She was so much better, and her swollen throat was gone by Wednesday. Her glands are back to normal. Lucky for her mono is usually really mild for kids. It usually only lasts a week or two (instead of the month or two it lasted for Brian).

Little Sethy is so cute lately. He is really talking up a storm. I have no idea even how many words he says. He says pants, shirts, shorts, socks, shoes, go, Daddy, Mommy, Matt, Matthew, Kara, Lindsay, me, mine, drink-not gog'n any more:(, juice, milk, sandals, stroller, car, van, toys, ball, bath, water, hand, nose, eye, ear, hair, mouth, finger, toes, feet, tickle, pat-a-cake, slide, outside, and the list really goes on and on. He is just picking up words right and left. He is so funny. He does this new thing where whatever you ask him, he says no. This isn't the best example of his new joke, but it is still cute. Anyway, here is a little sample.

I have been having a lot of tension headaches lately, but I seem to be able to keep on top of them if I sleep enough, really work on my posture, and drink plenty of water. They were really bad one week, but Brian and our home teacher gave me a blessing, and they have been pretty mild since then- at least I can function. I guess I'd take a headache over kidney stones or nausea. Other than that, I am feeling fine. I am getting to the part of the pregnancy where I am feeling chubby, but not pregnant yet. I am starting to show a bit though, and I always like to have the big pregnant belly (to say yes, I am pregnant, not just gettign chubby). I am starting to feel the baby moving too, and I think that is my favorite part.

Matthew wants to name the baby Matt (after all it is a little different than Matthew) or Sam (Seth's middle name). Kara wants to name the baby Sparkly Girl. I think Lindsay liked the idea of Sparkly Girl. They are funny. Matthew wants a boy baby, Kara wants a girl, and Lindsay says she already knows what it is. Sometimes she says she is sure it is a girl and other times she says she is sure it is a boy.

Brian started another short sememster of school. He already is having a midterm exam this week. He only has one more month before he goes to China. He is looking forward to that. My plans are still to be decided whether or not we will go to Utah while he is gone.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations! Thanks for the update too. I love reading about you guys! I can't believe how big Seth is. And good luck with your move. It will be so great to be in a new house for the summer.

Becca said...

I think Sparkly Girl is a great name!! When I was pregnant, Jadyn wanted to name her Willow. Kids are much more creative than we are, I tell you what! I can't believe how big Seth is. So cute.