Sunday, April 26, 2009

Homes- What a blessing!

Wow, what a month and ten days it has been. I really am so grateful that things have worked out so well for us. It has been a blessing.
We sold our house really quickly. Then, it seemed like we wouldn't find a house. There were about 8 houses we had on our "this might be OK if we are desperate" list, and one on our "we sort of like it" list. Then, we saw one last house. It was it. I remembered shopping for houses last time, and it seemed like as soon as we'd seen the house we are currently living in, we knew it was the one. I hoped it would be like that for us this time, and it was. We saw lots of houses that were fine, but just not it. Anyway, I am grateful for the Holy Ghost. Hopefully everything else will turn out OK with our move. We close on both houses on June 12th.

Here are some picture of our house we are buying. Living Room
Master Bedroom Kitchen
Kid's Bathroom
Family Room
Dining Room
Deck in back yard
Bedroom 1
Back of house

Front View of House

Anyway, there is our soon to be home. The couple who lived there before us have taken really excellent care of the house. They moved to a smaller home quite awhile ago and still come back very frequently to vaccuum, mow the lawn, seed the grass, and care for the house. The basement is immaculate. It is probably the cleanest house I have ever seen, and you can totally tell the home was very well loved. We are looking forward to making it our new home.

It is in Richfield WI (or maybe Colgate- it's a story), and the schools are Germantown schools. It is about 5 minutes from Super-Walmart just off County Line Road. We hope to love it.

14 comments:

Jamie said...

Brian and Martha, we are so excited for you! What a great thing that your house sold and you found one you will love. We are also so happy for you and the new little one on the way. We miss you guys and WI. Love, The Flaig's

CollyWolly said...

Looks like a really nice place. I love that deck and back yard.

amy said...

it looks really nice! i'm sure you'll love the extra room inside and outside! you'll be in Lake Michigan Ward now, right!?

Rae said...

I love it Marth! It looks SO nice and I think your kids will love the back yard!

Erin said...

What a great house! I love the deck and it will be so great for you to spread out! I bet you will love the new area you will be living in. We'll have to come visit sometime this summer. I'm so glad it all worked out. Inspiration always is a comgfort!

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

Wow. What a great house & yard! It looks so spacious inside & out! I especially like that deck and lawn. Lots of room to play. Congrats - and on the newest little one, too! How are you feeling???

Darlene said...

Looks like a really nice house.

Jill Skouson said...

So cute! I am very jealous of the backyard... that deck! Wow!

Cassidy Lundgren said...

Congratulations again! It looks nice and big and it sounds like it's in a great location. Your deck and backyard are beautiful. I'm sure you guys will love it! Glad everything worked out so well!

le35 said...

I'm so excited for you finding your house. It's absolutely beautiful!!!! YAY!!!

Robert said...

That place looks amazing. I love how bright and big the rooms all look. I hope you come to love it, too. Maybe someday soon we'll have similar posts of our host to put up... *fingers crossed*

mama bird said...

What a fantastic house! I'm so happy for you and your family. You'll have lots of room for all those little ones to run! (What a great location too! I really like that area.)

Catherine Call said...

Martha!! Congrats on selling AND buying!! What a wonderful thing for your sweet family! It looks like a great find in a really nice area. Best of luck to you guys!

Shannon said...

Hi Martha! I found you on Maggie's blog. Your family is beautful! Love the new house. Congrats on baby #5, WOW! You are still amazing.