Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

Here is a post with one picture. OK, so over the 4th of July Eric and Amy came to visit with their kids. It was really fun. My kids love to play with their kids. It is always interesting to watch them play. Matthew would play with Molly sometimes, and sometimes Sandra, and Kara would play with Molly or Sandra sometimes. Lindsay and Amelia would get in the mix or play together or alone. It really was fun to watch them enjoy each other in different groups. Seth and Smith are 4th children and just enjoyed playing. They were cuties. They are still too young to interact much one on one with each other, but they did a little. Right before I took this picture they were racing after each other crawling accross the floor. By the time I got my camera, they were sitting and playing near each other. They are cute though. Don't mind that they are playing with polly pocket stuff. They still play with it like a boy- vrooming the cars, and throwing the houses, and just putting things into and taking them out of things.
We had a great time with them here. On Friday, we went to Kohler-Andre state park. It is a little north of here, near Sheboygan, on Lake Michigan. It was chilly (maybe in the 70s), so I didn't even bring my kids swimming suits because I was pretty sure they wouldn't want to swim. Anyway, they did and just got their clothes soaking wet and had a great time. Eric helped build a sand castle that turned into a tunnel system, that turned into a great wading pool for Seth and Smith. A little water would come in every now and again, and the sun would warm it up just a bit more than the lake. Anyway, Seth and Smith loved playing in it. The kids all had a great time, and we stayed most of the day there.

Saturday, we had a barbeque and invited a bunch of people from BYU and Kohls to come over. The kids all enjoyed Matthew's frogs. In fact, Amelia carried a frog around the yard, and would take it down the slide. The kids also had a vacation spot for the frogs. It is the fountain that is in our back yard. When we moved into the house, Brian asked what I thought about the fountain. It isn't ugly, it is sort of a precious moments, cutsie style. I just don't know how long it will last with the kids. Anyway, the girls absolutely love it. That fountain is the new "vacation" spot for the frogs, so the fountain is there to stay.

Speaking of frogs, Matthew found a book that tells about the frogs of Wisconsin. In the book it says that it is against the law to catch more than 5 frogs all together. Hurray, now I have a limit that I can set, not just because I am mean or a Mom or don't want frogs, but to protect the ecosystem:).

Saturday evening, we went to Germantown to see the fireworks. We had some pizza and candy to snack on. The fireworks were lovely. I was worried about Seth enjoying them. They really scared him for the first few minutes, but he warmed up to them, and by the end of the evening, he was saying fireworks over and over. Even the other day someone mentioned fire for some reason, and Seth brightened and said fireworks. But was sad to hear that it wasn't fireworks. I think he'll enjoy them in Monticello. We are looking forward to that.

Sunday, we went to church. Eric and Amy came to sacrament meeting with us, and then left for home. We really enjoyed having them come visit. It is nice to have family at least relatively close. My kids really loved having their cousins come and play. They are already looking forward to our vacation and having more cousins to play with.

No comments: