Sunday, October 11, 2009

4 1/2 days (or less), but who's counting?

Friday is the big day. If I haven't had my baby, I will be induced on Friday. The hope is that I will be at the hospital at least 4 hours before the baby is born, so I can get my doses of antibiotics (for GBS- just a precaution). It is nice to have an end in sight, but for some reason (I am sure it has nothing to do with still remembering how much having babies without any medication really really hurts), I am dreading the labor. I guess I am fearing it will be so fast again that there will be no chance for an epidural. Oh well.

It will be nice to have the baby here, and I do so enjoy having a new baby to hold and bring home, and seeing the kids hold the baby will be so sweet. We are excited (sort of). Anyway, just wanted to share. I should probably post a picture of me fully pregnant to save for posterity, but I don't have one, and I am not looking my lovliest right now in my sweatshirt and stretchy pants. Maybe I'll get around to it before I have the baby- maybe not.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Good Luck! Wish I was there for you to call at 4 am. Can't wait to see pictures. And, I don't think I have ever seen you not looking good. Where are you delivering?

Brian and Martha said...

I'm delivering at Froedert.

Emilee said...

Good luck, Marth! I hope everything goes perfectly!

Story Family said...

I'll be thinking of you! Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly. I'm ten weeks away and already fearing the labor. I get more stressed out with each baby because it's easier to remember how awful it is.

But, on the bright side, you won't be pregnant in a few days....YAHOO!