Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

We have really had a great few weeks. We went to a Christmas party and had a white elephant gift exchange. It was fun. We ended up bringing a toilet seat (used), but we really wrapped it up pretty. We also had a good dinner and talked. The kids had a great time, too.


We went to the Dells for a few days. We went with our friends the Coles. We had a really great time. We stayed at the Wilderness Resort, and we really enjoyed ourselves. They have three different waterparks. One of them has rides for a little bit older kids. One of them, was called the hurricane. It was really fun. We went to another one that was like a beach sort of. It had a couple of tube rides that were pretty fun. Then, it had a really big wave pool and an area for the kids to play. There was a giant area for people to sit on lounge chairs and get a suntan (we might have if there hadn't been snow on the roof. It was really nice though. The kids enjoyed themselves a little bit. Kara and Sethy were a little under the weather, but they still seemed to have fun. We did end up leaving a little bit early to take them back to the room. The last day (Christmas Eve) we went to the last waterpark. There was a really fun pool for kids (it had a bunch of slides for kids Kara and Matt's age. Then, there was a splash pool that Kara, Lindsay and Seth played in for a long time. The water was really a great temp at this pool. Then, there was a nice wave pool at this waterpark, too. It was really fun.


Christmas Eve, we acted out the Nativity. Kara was Elizabeth, Lindsay was Mary, I was Joseph, Brian was the narrator, Matthew was a wiseman, and Seth was a lamb (because he was wondering around everywhere:).

Kara as ElizabethMary/Lindsay visiting Elizabeth
Elizabeth has her baby. Mary ready to have her baby with no room at the inn. Baby Jesus is born and laid in his manger. Lamb grazing in the field. Another shot of the cute lambs legs.

The wise man giving baby Jesus a gift.
Here are the Christmas Eve Pajamas. Then, we made cookies for Santa and the kids played Guess Who (a gift from Granpa Warnick- Thanks Grandpa and Althea).

I guess this one wasn't actually taken Christmas Eve, but pretend it was because that is what we did. They have been playing Guess Who a lot.

The kids actually went to sleep super duper fast. I think they must have all been asleep within 10 or 15 minutes. We must have really worn them out at the waterparks. I know I was tired. I was just sure Matthew was going to have trouble falling asleep, but no, I think he was asleep first. It must be a record, and maybe all time, not just a Christmas Eve one.

Christmas morning came, and we opened our presents. The kids were super cute. They were so happy to open their presents. We had a great time all day playing all the different games we had. In fact, we had a great time all weekend playing games. We've played Guess Who, Life, Raving Rabbids (Rayman) and Guitar Hero. It has been fun. Seth mostly just went around playing with whatever the other kids left lying around. Here are some pictures and maybe a video clip or two. OK, I'll post the pictures later. It isn't working right now.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Glad to hear you had a great time at the Dells, and a Merry Christmas. The Nativity pictures are cute.

Merry Christmas!

Story Family said...

Merry Christmas to you! It sounds like you all had a great time. That waterpark sounds delightful! The nativity pictures were adorable. My favorite one is where you can see your son in the background with his head on dad's shoulder, reading the BOM. Great shot!
Have a Happy New Year!

le35 said...

I'm so glad that you had fun at the Dells, and I'm glad you got to go with your friends. :) I'm so happy for you Marth! And your pictures of the Nativity are SO CUTE!