She is such a fun girl. She really is pleased with having short hair. I am glad, because it is pretty short, but she loves it.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had some of our friends (the Cole family, the Vernon family, and the Boome family) come over. The kids really enjoyed playing outside, inside and the Wii. We had great food that all turned out yummy. We also had plenty of pie. It was so fun to have people over. I should really do it more often.
I am so thankful for such good friends. I am thankful for a warm house. I am thankful for the gospel. I am thankful for such a loving Father in heaven who has blessed my family so much, especially lately. I am really amazed at the love I have felt the past few months as my parents have been going through this trial. I really have a testimony that Heavenly Father is aware of all of us, and that he will take care of us. I am really grateful for the knowledge I have that families are eternal, and that my mom and dad will be together forever. I am so grateful for a father who lives such a good life and has been such a good example to me. I am grateful for a mother who relies so much on her faith and is a great example to me.
Last week, my dad went on hospice home care. He really doesn't want to go to the hospital anymore (I don't think he ever really wanted to), and since the cancer has returned and there is nothing to be done for it, they are just going to let him have his way. He will be home. Please keep him, and especially my mother in your prayers as they go through this huge transition.
5 comments:
I LOVE Lindsay's haircut. It is so cute on her sweet little mischievous face.
I love Lindsay's hair! So cute. I am sorry to hear about your dad. Unfortunately I know all too well what it is like when you know the end is near. You are all making the right choice be letting him go on his terms. Please let me know if you need anything!
Lindsay's haircut is adorable. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. He is a wonderful man and is an inspiration and an example to so many people.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lindsay's short hair. It has so much personality. And you did a great job with all of the layering in the back. I need a haircut just like that. Wish you were close!
I have been thinking of your dad since I heard about him. I will keep him in my prayers. He is a wonderful man.
Your dad is such an incredible person. I remember moving to Monticello and having him as our bishop as well as all the Wilderness Quest adventures. It was always amazing to me having someone as good as your dad in the midst of such sin and misery. The kids and families always loved him because he didn't condem them but offered hope and help. He and your mom have also been great to my parents which I'm grateful for. They'll definitely be in our prayers.
Post a Comment